Brake Repair & Replacement
Serving Vancouver WA | Hazel Dell | Five Corners | Orchards
- We Offer Free Brake Checks. Know what the problem is before getting your brakes serviced or replaced.
- We do Quality Brakes – All Makes and Models Foreign and Domestic
- 12 Month / 12,000 Mile Warranty on all New Brakes
Why a brake inspection is so important
Ever wonder how brake repair shops know what cost to advertise for new brakes? Especially when they don’t even know what your vehicles problem is before giving you a price? At Brown’s Quality Automotive Services, we offer free brake checks and give you a free estimate on what find is wrong. With brake replacement you really do get what you pay for. Don’t play the low price, then up-sell game that some brake repair facilities use to get you in the door.
At Brown’s Quality Automotive Service, all you get is good quality brake repair, backed by a written warranty.
Ready to Schedule an Appointment?
Leave us your information, and we’ll call back within 30 minutes or less.
How Brakes Work
When you decide to press down on your brake pedal, brake fluid is sent from the master cylinder, which is located under the hood of your vehicle, through brake fluid hoses down to your brake calipers, which are attached to your rotors.
The force of the brake fluid being delivered to the calipers, which house your brake pads, causes the caliper to squeeze the brake pads against the spinning rotor. The result is friction which slows the vehicle. Some vehicles are equipped with drum brakes in the rear. When the brake pedal is pushed, a piston pushes the brakes shoes against the brake drum causing the same result, friction which slows the vehicle.
With repeated use, and exposure to extreme heat, over several thousand miles, all these components get dirty, worn and need inspection and periodic replacement to ensure continued safe operation.
How Our Brake Repair Service is Different
We only do complete and safe brake replacement, read below to see how we are different, and compare our services with the so called low price brake replacement shops.
- WE TEST DRIVE – We will take your vehicle for a test ride to verify what the problem is. Most brake repair facilities will not do this with a normal brake replacement job.
- COMPLETE BRAKE INSPECTION – We thoroughly check all four brakes by placing your vehicle on a rack to give us the best vantage of your complete brake system. All problems are documented and we will advise you on the best course of action, explaining everything in detail.
- A FREE ESTIMATE IS GIVEN – On all free brake checks, we will provide you a free written estimate to make any, if need repairs to your vehicle. And if you decide to use Brown’s Quality Automotive Service for your brake repair, or replacement, we stick to that estimate, unless otherwise approved by you.
- BRAKE FLUID IS CHANGED – We take the extra step to change your old brake fluid with fresh new fluid. This is an extra measure to ensure your safety. An average driver in the U.S. put on 10-15,000 miles per year, and on average uses their brakes 75,000 per year. The boiling point on old brake fluid drops after 3 years to a point where it is no longer considered safe by federal minimum standards. Also in wet climates such as the NW, debris and moisture can get into your brake fluid and cause significant damage. Most other brake shops don’t do this, and if you ask, they charge extra for it.
- ROTORS ARE MEASURED AND CHECKED – Thickness and variation of all rotors are carefully measured. Variations or warping can cause vibrations, pulsating and even sometimes jerking when the brakes are applied. If rotors need to be resurfaced or replaced, we will let you know at time of inspection. The rotor vanes, or cooling fins, are checked for mud, brake dust and other debris and cleaned. This ensures your brakes are able to dissipate heat as they were originally. designed. This again is an extra step that a lot of brake repair facilities don’t do.
- WHEEL HUBS CLEANED – Dirt, brake dust and rust build-up is removed from the hub and the hardware replaced. Not properly cleaning the hub can cause lateral run out. (See next step) Again, this is a step that many will skip.
- LATERAL RUN OUT CHECKED – New or resurfaced rotors are checked for lateral run out when attached to the hub. The term Lateral Run Out refers to when the rotor, while spinning, is not perpendicular to the wheel causing it to wobble. This causes extra wear on the rotor and will be accompanied by pedal pulsation.
- PARTS ARE LUBRICATED – We lubricate all metal to metal parts to ensure a quiet braking system. Again, something not everyone does.
- CALIPERS ARE READJUSTED – Break pedal is gently pumped to get the calipers readjusted and any remaining air out of the braking system. Pumping too fast during this step can damage the master cylinder.
- WARRANTY IN WRITING – We warranty our brake jobs to be trouble free for 12 months or 12,000 miles. We only use the finest brake system components, and we are so confident in them that we back every brake job we do with this guarantee.
Brake Repair & Replacement in Vancouver WA
Serving Customers in the Greater Vancouver WA Area