Emissions Diagnosis – Repair – Service – Waivers
Serving Vancouver WA | Hazel Dell | Five Corners | Orchards
Brown’s Quality Automotive Services has been serving the Vancouver Washington’s automotive repair needs since 1999. We are also an authorized Washington State emissions specialist repair shop. If your vehicle has recently failed it’s Washington State Emissions Test, we can help get you compliant, and/or help you attain a waiver for your emission test.
Emissions Repair – All Makes and Models – Foreign and Domestic
Brown’s Quality Automotive Service is a Washington State Authorized Emission Specialist Repair Shop
Your vehicle failed it’s emission test, now what?
What to do after your vehicle fails its emission test. The State of Washington recommends that you have your vehicles problem repaired, then re-tested.
- Take your vehicle to an Authorized Emissions Specialist – there they will be able to help pin-point the issue with your vehicle.
- You can have anyone repair your vehicle, however only diagnosis, and/or repairs performed by an Authorized Emission Specialist Repair Shop may qualify your vehicle for an Emissions Waiver.
- Your $15.00 Emission Check fee includes one free re-test. After your free re-test, additional tests are charged at $15.00 each.
What is an Emissions Waiver?
An Emissions Waiver will allow your to legally register your vehicle for the year, even if it doesn’t pass the Emissions Test.
How do you qualify for an Emissions Waiver?
When your vehicle fails it re-test, you can qualify for a waiver if all of the following statements have occurred:
- You have spent at least $150.00 on diagnosis, and/or authorized Emissions Repairs by an Authorized Emissions Specialist Repair Shop.
- You have provided the test station manager your original repair receipts and the test form signed by the Authorized Emission Repair Shop Specialist. (the receipts must identify your vehicle by license number and VIN number)
- Your vehicle has passed a visual inspection of its emissions control equipment.
- Your vehicle failed its re-test after being diagnosed and/or repaired by an Authorized Emissions Specialist.
If your vehicle has failed its Emissions Testing, we can help. Call us today and we will explain all of your options, and help you make the best decision on how to proceed with repairing your vehicle.